The Purpose of the Fund
The purpose of the Teacher Development Fund is to support delivery of effective arts-based teaching and learning opportunities in the primary classroom, and to embed learning through the arts in the curriculum. It aims to do this through supporting teachers and school leaders to develop the necessary skills, knowledge, confidence and experience.
Applications will open in Autumn 2020.
The Fund has one deadline per year. Each year we expect to make around six grants of up to £150,000 to partnerships of arts/cultural organisations and five to ten schools, who will work together for two academic years.
Our focus is on:
- Primary schools
- Supporting children and young people experiencing disadvantage
- Approaches which involve learning through the arts
- Long-term, inquiry-based projects which support teachers’ professional development and learning
- Promoting effective and equitable partnerships between schools and arts/cultural organisations and artist practitioners
- The contributions of school leaders and artist practitioners as both professional learners and as supporters of embedding learning through the arts in the curriculum
- Approaches which involve any of the following art forms: crafts; creative writing, including poetry; dance; design; film; music; opera; photography; digital arts and media; theatre and drama; the visual arts; and cross-arts practices.
If you would like to register your interest in the Fund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org