** The Ideas and Pioneers Fund is currently closed to new applications**
Following our statement in November 2021 to announce the temporary closure of the Fund, we have commissioned The Social Investment Consultancy and The Social Innovation Partnership to undertake a review exploring how PHF can most effectively deliver on its ambitions to support social change.
We expect to share the recommendations from this review in early 2023. We understand this may be disappointing for anyone who had planned to apply – we will add further updates as soon as possible, and have shared a list of other potential funders further down the page.
About the Ideas and Pioneers Fund
The Fund provided grants of up to £15,000 to support people with a vision of a better society to explore their ideas for change.
These were our priorities:
- Applications that focused on early stages of exploring ideas
- Innovative ideas
- People with the potential to create change
- People who are committed to enabling others to shape their lives and lead change
This video introduces some of the pioneers we’re currently supporting.
While the Fund is closed, you may find this list of alternative funders useful:
- SSE (School for Social Entrepreneurs)
- The National Lottery Community Fund
- Big Issue Invest
- Edge Fund
- Foyle Foundation
- Bethnal Green Ventures (tech only)
- The Fore
- Stephen Lloyd Awards
- Churchill Scholarship
We also recommend registering with Charity Excellence.